Project 10 Pan (Sept - Dec '12)...part 1

Yes, I finished another 10 items from my make-up and skincare stash and rewarded myself during Boxing Day Sales with DKNY Perfume.

1. Lapurete Night Creme 50 ml (full size)




My overall impression - very nice product and gorgeous scent and cool pump bottle (I did a review in it here). It didn't break me out and absorbed fairly easily, felt really nice on my skin. However it did nothing for the lines on my neck and didn't improve the appearance of the fine line on my forehead. I find Grown and The Body Shop oil serums correct my fine lines much better. Good overall moisturiser but not as powerful as they claim to be (they call it nature's botox).
Would I buy it again? - most likely, I've enjoyed using it.




2. Bobbi Brown Lash Glamour Mascara (trial size)




My overall impression - I got a trial size of this mascara in Glossybox. It was a good product however it wasn't as good as some other higher-end mascaras on the market. it retails for $48 and in all honesty you can get something very similar from Maybelline for under $20.
Would I buy it again? -No, it just wasn't special enough for me.




3. Estee Lauder Sumptuous Extreme Mascara (trial size)




My overall impression - I love Estee Lauder products but never had a good luck with their mascaras. This one was pretty good but once again I wasn't convinced that it is worth $52.It did make my lashes fuller and didn't smudge however brush was a bit hard to work with.
Would I buy it again? - No, just like with the product above I believe you can save yourself $30 and get something very similar from Maybelline or Rimmel.


 

4. Maybelline Master Liner in Brown (full size)




 



My overall impression - I got this eye liner in brown and black and I must say that brown version was much better. It was a deep warm brown with bronze undertones that enhanced my hazel eyes well. However it wasn't as revolutionary as Maybelline claimed, it was slightly better than their regular eye lines and certainly wasn't super pigmented or super long-lasting.
Would I buy it again? - Yes, it is a nice shade and IMO good value for money.



5. Clinique Self Sun Tiner self tanner in Light- Medium (full size)


 



My overall impression - It was my third tube of Clinique self-tanner. It is a very nice product that gives you light golden tan that lasts for about 5-7 day and fades evenly. The formula is pleasant too, light and a bit gel-like. It is tinted so it is easy to apply however it can get pretty messy. I like to apply my self-tanner before I go to sleep so it doesn't rub off my on clothes (old dark sheets and pyjamas is a must!). I tried Medium -Deep version of this self-tanner and it was still fairly light. I think it is a great self-tanner for those who want very natural and subtle results.
Would I buy it again? - Yes, but not any time soon because I have a lot of other products that I need to finish first.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Barbie!

Buyers Beware - Fake OPI nail polish!

I had my Tragus pierced today!