Boxing Day Shopping!

Yay for Boxing Day! I love having a whole day off that I can delegate to shopping. Last year I went to my local shopping centre and it was a nightmare so this year I went to the city. I found free parking straight away however Queen Street Mall was very busy and Myer was shocking (long lines of people everywhere).

I had my heart set of few things but I wanted to wait till sales to get them and I got what I wanted (mostly). So here is what I came back home with :)

 

1. DKNY Pure a Drop of Verbena set (50 ml scent spray and 100 ml body butter)
Got it for $41.30 at Priceline reduced from $65
I am a big fan of L'Occitane's Verbena line so I naturally wanted to test this perfume when I saw it. Very simple minimalistic bottle was also very appealing. It was a love at first sniff! Very soft, clean and fresh scent with citrus and herbal notes.
It is described on fragrantica as : "Pure DKNY Verbena is opening with notes of verbena and basil, which are gradually softened with floral heart of jasmine, peony and honeysuckle, while the base notes include tender white amber, sea moss and vetiver"
I also found out that some ingredients from Pure line are sourced from Africa which benefits local communities!

2. In Essence Essential Oil Trio Set (Lavender, Orange and Peppermint)
Got it at Myer for $20 reduced from $29.95
Initially I just wanted Lavender oil to deter my cats from biting cables. In Essence had Lavender oil on its own for $18.95 or for extra $1 they had this set which also had Orange and Peppermint oils. My cats seem to dislike all of them :) To me they smell lovely especially Orange oil (it smells like freshly cut oranges). I can think of so many ways to use them. I am planning to add few drops to my vacuum filter to make house smell nice after vacuuming or use them in my oil burner. I think my house will smell like lavender for quite sometime since I'll be rubbing all my cables with it.

3. Lorna Jane Divine Shorts
Got it from Lorna Jane Boutique for $45 reduced from $62.95
I've discovered Lorna Jane  earlier this year when I started working out more than usual. Lots of girls at my gym wear Lorna Jane clothes and it looks great on them. I never used to spend a lot on my sportswear but since I started working out harder comfort and quality does make a difference.

I wanted those shorts badly, however they got sold out fairly quickly. I was very happy to find them on sale today however I had to size up since my usual size was sold out.
They are ultra light and comfortable. I almost feel too sorry to go for a rum in them because they are so pretty!

4. Scanpan Classic 26 cm Frying Pan
Got it from David Jones for $79.95 reduced from $125



Since starting my Michelle Bridges body challenge 6 weeks ago I've stopped using straight oil and started using oil spray. I had two mid-range 3-4 years old frying pans that started failing as a result. So I decided to invest into higher-end non-stick cookware. I hope Scanpan is as good as it was years ago and will last me for ages.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Barbie!

Buyers Beware - Fake OPI nail polish!

I had my Tragus pierced today!