Eat to live, not live to eat...

Currently I am doing Michelle Bridges 12 week challenge and so far it is going great. Yes, it is a lot of work but I am really enjoying the food and find exercise programs easy to follow. Most of all it is working for me, I've lost 1.8 kg in 2.5 weeks and people are starting to notice.

While browsing 12WBT official Facebook page I came across one member who had a dilemma. Her Birthday was coming up and she had several celebrations with her friends and one of them was even making a cake for her. She didn't know what to do. Clearly she had a desire to stick to the nutrition plan but at the same time she wanted to follow the tradition of eating and celebrating.

It got me thinking that most of us feel like we HAVE TO eat birthday cakes (even if it someone else's birthday), HAVE TO binge during Christmas lunch until we experience breathing difficulties, HAVE TO stuff our faces with chocolate during Easter and HAVE TO have a kebab or McDonalds with friends after a night out. Well, you DON'T HAVE TO! It is all up to you. I have several friends who are constantly dragging me to coffee shops to have some cake or relatives who try to feed me as much as possible. It is OK to refuse extra serve or tell your friends that you will skip the cake if you don't really feel like it. Plus your Birthday won't be any less special or fun without the cake (for me its all about company). For Christmas this year I've convinced my family to go for a nice bushwalk and light picnic lunch instead of hours of cooking and lazy afternoon.

It is all about choices you make...We eat to live, not the other way around. It is important to replenish our bodies and satisfy our hunger but don't let the food control you. :)

Comments

  1. Hi, I'm doing the 12WBT too and thought I'd take a look at your blog. I love your comment...you don't have to! It's a choice isn't it - people may try and try and try...but at the end of the day we are the only ones who can make that choice to put the food in our mouth...unless someone is physically holding you down and shoving it in your mouth! lol

    Good luck with your journey!

    Susan
    http://www.thinkmywayfit.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Barbie!

Buyers Beware - Fake OPI nail polish!

I had my Tragus pierced today!