My top 3 floral scents

 
I am usually not a huge fan of florals but I have few in my collection that I absolutely adore and wear regularly. I get lots of complements (mainly from guys) when I wear them too. 

1. Marc Jacobs Essence
I got 50 ml bottle on special for around $40 back in 2008. I wore it for couple of months, then moved on (it happens to me quite often). Recently I've been revising my collection and re-discovered this gorgeous scent. It smells like a garden filled with white flowers and opens up beautifully on my skin. Gardenia, Jasmine and Freesia seem to dominate the composition but a hint of spices and musk make it a bit more interesting. It would make a perfect wedding fragrance if it came in prettier bottle. This perfume is a bit hard to find these days but I would definitely get a back-up if I saw a bottle.

2. Lanvin Eclat d'Arpege Perles
A limited edition of popular fragrance (which I used to have and love). It smells like flowers from my childhood - Peonies and Lilac mixed with refreshing notes of citrus and tea. It smells very similar to the original but tea and citrus are definitely more pronounced.

3. Christian Dior Miss Dior Cherie L'Eau
Simple and clean combination of bitter orange, gardenia and musk make this scent irresistible. I fell in love with it the moment I smelled it. It is a prefect summer floral as it is very very light yet it has good staying power. Sadly it has been discontinued. The SA at Dior counter was trying to convince me that it was renamed in Eau Fraiche but clearly she hasn't tried L'Eau. Eau Fraiche is too soapy and dominated by Patchouli. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Barbie!

Buyers Beware - Fake OPI nail polish!

I had my Tragus pierced today!