2014

 Today is the last day of 2014 and what a year it was! It was full of ups and downs, self-discovery and life changing events. Most of all I had exceptionally good-looking diary pictured below :)

  • I regained my self-esteem which helped me to find a new job
  • I quit my old job of 6 years that was going nowhere and was ruining me financially as I was forced to take a lot of unpaid leave and reduce my hours. However I miss my old clients a lot.
  • Got a new part-time job to supplement my income and got offered to go full-time 3 months later. 
  • Went from working part-time to working full-time.
  • Went to US for 2 weeks in November.
  • Turned 30.

Looking back my goals were mainly financial such as getting rid of debts and having savings. I had three credit cards and one of them was particularly bad. I did a balance transfer to a 0% for 14 months credit card and paid the other two off. Now I have only 1/3 of the original debt remaining and planning to pay it all off by the end of the offer period. I also started a savings account and planning to use those savings for my next holiday.

One of the ongoing and very common objectives was to eat healthy, exercise and maintain weight. I must say I have been up and down in that department but overall satisfied with my accomplishments. Going full-time meant I have less time to exercise and get more tired overall but I don't drive to work any more and rely on public transport which means more walking. I've lost 3-4 kgs around May-June mainly due to stress and being sick but managed to gain it back after US and party season.

My aspirations for 2015:
  • Practice positive self-talk and be aware of negative thoughts, unjustified assumptions and conclusions. Appreciate what you have and work on aspects you wish to change.
  • Get rid of things you don't need or like.
  • Limit contact with people who bring you down or waste your time. Spend that time instead on quality friends, me-time and family.
  • Continue eating healthy and exercising regularly, aim to make 80% of the meals.
  • Smash credit card debt and work on reducing mortgage, my aim is to pay off our place within 3-5 years. 
  • Explore! Visit new countries, cities or be a tourist in your own back yard.
  • Keep my unit looking nice - get rid of clutter, keep it clean and replace old and ugly bit.
  • Appreciate what you have :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Barbie!

Buyers Beware - Fake OPI nail polish!

I had my Tragus pierced today!