Current winter favourites

It got cooler, the days got shorter, clothes got darker and longer and my hair and skin got drier. There are few things at the moment that I tend to reach for the most. So here are mine mild Australian winter favourites

Tokyo Milk Lip Elixir in Dead Sexy


It comes in big 20 g tin container with nice dark antique design. The texture of this lip balm is thick and waxy and it does very smooth on my lips and relieves discomfort immediately. However my favourite part if the scent which includes the notes of Ebony Wood, Warm Vanilla, Citrus Peel, Rosewater! It taste a bit like jasmine tea and has slight sweetness to it. I love using it and getting close to hitting the pan already. It is not the most handbag-friendly packaging therefore it lives in my desk drawer.


 Kerastase Elixir Ultime


I scored this hair oil as a freebie from Oscar Oscar when they have a Kerastase promotion. My hairdresser advised me to use colour-free hair oil as my beloved Morrocanoil is too yellow and if used frequently will discolour my highlighted hair. I switched to Kerastase as it is clear and actually been noticing improvement in my hair condition. It absorbs well, comes in a pump bottle and you need a tiny bit to go a long way. It smells very nice too, sort of like rum and coconuts to me :)


L'Occitane Amande Tonic Body Oil


I prefer using body oils to body butters and lotions as they seems to absorb better and don't leave unpleasant film on my skin. L'Occitane Amande body oil is one of my all time favourites. It doesn't come cheap but it lasts and lasts. It absorbs quickly and fully, gives my skin nice subtle sheen and leaves behind the most gorgeous almond scent. I also love pump bottle as it is easy to use and makes it a bit more hygienic.


Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Serum



My skin is prone to breakouts so I always have to test products before I commit to them. I received a small Midnight recovery sample 10 days ago and been using it daily (I was amazed how little you actually need). My skin improved a lot and I love this product's scent and texture. It is supposed to be made from 99% natural oils and at first looks like another facial oil...but once applied it absorbs very quickly leaving skin velvety and hydrated with no shine or greasy feel I've experienced with similar products. Once the sample is gone I will buy a full size bottle!


L'Occitane Shea Butter Hand Cream

 I have several small tubes of this hand creams floating around my handbags and drawers. My hands can get very very dry so this product provides instant relief with no greasy after-feel. The scent is very subtle and neutral, so it doesn't bother me at all.


Narcisso Rodriguez for Her EDT

I fell in love with this perfume in late 2006 when I went on my first trip back to Europe. I only had a miniature bottle but I loved wearing it so much! I remember taking my coat off and getting a trail of this scent...I couldn't afford a big bottle back then because I was a uni student, then it became way too popular and copied (Lovely is a dupe but it doesn't play the same magic on my skin as this one). I forgot about it as I already possess a lot of various perfumes but then I saw in on sale for just $35 for 30 ml bottle at Discount Chemist. I immediately got it and to my delight they haven't changed the formula! To my nose it is a soft musk scent with orange flower and osmanthus, as it dries down I can detect licorice and vetiver. It lasts a long time too despite it being EDT (they do have EDP version too but it smells very different on me!)


When I wear it I feel more polished and dressed up but sexy at the same time. I love the simple black bottle too. I just wish it wasn't so popular so I could declare it as my signature scent :)
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Barbie!

Buyers Beware - Fake OPI nail polish!

I had my Tragus pierced today!