SOTD L'Occitane Ambre & Santal

L'Occitane Ambre & Santal appeared on the market in 2013 as a part of their La Collection de Grasse range. I've tried the earlier realease and white it was quite nice nothing really caught my attention. Untill L'Occitane released Ambre & Santal and Cedre & Oranger closer to the Holiday Season.


Described by L'Occitane as  
A solar fusion of Oriental spice and Mediterranean wood.

Gentle top notes of bergamot and rosemary lead to a heart of fig leaves and rose. This woody oriental fragrance has a base of santal and cedar woods, as well as labdanum and vanilla
.


Ambre & Santal is indeed a very well-blended scent. To me it has three facets - woody (mainly sandalwood), resinous (labdanum and amber, even though it is not listed I still get it) and vanilla bean. The woody note is big at the beginning, it tends to dominate on my skin even though I get sweetness from underlying vanilla. Then it dries down to a most comforting warm scent that tends to last for hours. I haven't experienced such a beautiful base note for quite sometime. 
It makes me think of..



 
According to Fragrantica
Top notes are bergamot and rosemary
Middle notes are fig leaf and rose
Base notes are sandalwood, cedar, labdanum and vanilla.

Smells like: vanilla, amber and sandalwood
Lasts for: 6-8 hours
Silliage: moderate
Best for: special occasions, cooler weather, comfort scent

It currently retails for $89 but smells like very expensive niche scent. L'Occitane likes to discontinue its best scents so it may not be available for a while.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Barbie!

Buyers Beware - Fake OPI nail polish!

I had my Tragus pierced today!