Project 10 Pan...March-May '13

Another 10 items were finished by me recently. My collection is looking much better than before however I had few slip ups when Priceline and Strawberrynet had sales :)

1. Sohum Gingersnap Roll-on Perfume
My overall impression - It smelled very nice and gourmand, however the scent didn't last very long. I liked layering it with other fragrances to give them a spicy note. It also disappeared fairly quickly (mine was a roll-on, not spray like pictured), I suspect it evaporated.
Would I buy it again? - Possibly not, unless the lasting power has been improved.


2. Clinique Superbalanced Powder


My overall impression - the concept looked quite good - you "shave" pressed powder so you get fresh product each time you use it. However it gave very boring and flat finish, although coverage was ok.
Would I buy it again? - No, you can get very similar Rimmel powder for about 1/3 of the price. I prefer either very translucent finishing powders or more opaque ones with radiant finish.



3. Redken Anti-snap Leave-in Treatment
 My overall impression - This product was recommended to me years ago when I went from almost black to blonde to prevent breakage. I had this bottle for ages however I kept forgetting to use it. I finally went back to it when I bleached my hair again. It is very lightweight and has mild scent, it is not going to make your hair super soft or glossy but as a protein-based product it is supposed to prevent breakage.
Would I buy it again? - Yes, my fine blonde hair seem to like it.


4. Revlon Grow Luscious Mascara
 My overall impression - Looks like very standard black mascara with classic wand. I actually quite like it for everyday wear, it didn't make my lashes super long or voluminous however it wasn't bad either. Not sure if it make my lashes longer or thicker :)
Would I buy it again? - Possibly, if I am after a classic mascara.


5. Estee Lauder Double Wear Concealer
 My overall impression - Opaque creamy concealer that has slight grey undertones and flat finish. Lasts for ages and it is easy to work with.
Would I buy it again? - Possibly. I just wish it was less flat and came in a wider range of colour (I dislike slight grey tinge, ok for face but doesn't brighten eyes).


6. Revlon Brow Pencil in Blonde
My overall impression - Good shade and great design (doesn't need sharpening and has a brush). However the actual pencil is very waxy and it glues eyebrow hair together. It is very hard to apply it in fine strokes too.
Would I buy it again? - No, even though a design is one of the best I've seen the actuall product is not that great :(


7. Evodia Vanilla Addict Lip Gloss

 My overall impression - Clear gloss that has balmy and non-sticky finish and gorgeous vanilla scent. Plus it doesn't have any "nasty chemicals". Gives your lips very nice natural sheen
Would I buy it again? - Yes, is I can find it :)


8. Elizabeth Arden Intervene 3-in-1 Face Wash
My overall impression - It didn't foam up much however it cleansed my skin well. I didn't get any breakout from it either which is a big bonus. It had very gentle exfoliating particles. I wouldn't use it for make-up removal but it is perfect for AM cleansing.
Would I buy it again? - Yes, I liked it.


9. Chanel Hydramax + Active Gel Creme


My overall impression - Beautifully scented light gel-creme that absorbs easily. My skin seem to like it, I didn't get breakouts from it. A little goes a long way too.
Would I buy it again? - Yes, but only if it on special (I got mine from Strawberrynew and I think I paid under $50). However I wouldn't pay RRP of over $100 because you can find similar products for about 1/2 that price!

10. Prestige Skin Lowing Minerals Powder Foundation

My overall impression - Yes, I finished another one :) I think it was my 3rd or 4th so obviously I like this product. It has very good coverage so I like using it over light foundation plus it doesn't have flat finish. Slight iridescent particles make my skin glow without being glittery!
Would I buy it again? - Yes, I already got two recently when Priceline had their 40% off sale (they retail for $29.95). I have it in fair and light shade so I can alternate between two shades depending on my tan levels and even mix them together.
 

Comments

  1. Oh I love ginger scents shame it didn't last. I don't believe I have tried any of those products before. I am interested to try the anti-snap and EL concealer. Once I get through some of my stash it maybe on the list.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Barbie!

Buyers Beware - Fake OPI nail polish!

I had my Tragus pierced today!