Lapurete Skincare


I was browsing skincare at my local Terry White Chemist few months ago while waiting for my script. I came across a new skincare range called Lapurete. Very cool pump bottle grabbed my attention and I tested their night cream on the back of my hand. Oh my...it smelled so good (subtle rose + floral scent), it felt even better. However I already had a night cream so I had to wait until it is gone.

This range is marketed as anti-aging and supposed to be "Nature's Botox Alternative". I don't normally use anti-aging products because they are too rich for me and usually break me out (combination skin). I also have no major issues with wrinkles but would like to use something for prevention as I am in my mid-to-late 20's. This product seemed to have lots of natural ingredients and no harsh chemicals like parabens and petrochemicals.
It is described by Lapurete as:
"Minimises the appearance of: Dry skin, sagging skin, skin roughness, dull complexion, expression lines.

Skin naturally becomes thinner and dryer as you age. Dry skin looks dull, flaky and exaggerates the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.

An extract from the Resurrection Plant drenches the skin with intense moisturisation to combat the harsh ageing effects of dry skin. This amazing extract has been clinically proven to provide up to 24 hr moisturisation and has been shown to provide powerful anti-oxidant properties, enhancing the skin’s ability to combat environmental damage.

Peptides from Okuru and Sweet Pea combine to target the appearance of expression lines and skin firmness. The Resurrection Plant (Myrothamnus flabellifolia) has been able to adapt to thrive in very harsh conditions in Southern Africa. This adaptation has allowed the plant to protect itself from the Sun’s radiation, wind and dryness allowing it to survive where most plants would have perished. Scientists have discovered that an extract of the plant protects our skin in a similar way. Their trials have shown that the extract drenches skin with up to 24 hour moisturisation, and is a powerful anti-oxidant, protecting the skin from harsh environmental damage.
"

Couple of months ago I came across this set from Myer. It cost as much as night cream but also had samples of other products. Knowing that Myer has good return policy in case I react to it I got this set straight away.
The set came with samples of eye cream, day cream, cleanser and cleansing cloth. Other products are great too. Day cream is a bit rich for my liking and does break me out a bit (probably due to sunsceen). Eye cream is great and probably will last me for ages because I don't use it very often. Cleanser removes make-up well, but doesn't foam up (it is more of cream cleanser). All products have gorgeous floral scent!
I must say that I am very happy with the night cream! It smells beautiful, doesn't feel heavy and doesn't break me out! I love hygienic pump bottle. It is plastic so I can easily take it with me anywhere I go.

I've been using it for about 8-10 weeks and loving it so far. I don't think it made a huge difference to fine wrinkles I had on my forehead and neck so don't expect miracles from this cream. However I like using it and will re-purchase it again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Barbie!

Buyers Beware - Fake OPI nail polish!

I had my Tragus pierced today!