My favorite things ATM - Facial Skincare

It has been a while since I've done my top 10. I am currently reviewing my routine and returning to some tried and tested products.
I have combination skin and can get break outs if I don't use right products. Therefore I am not too keen to experiment a lot with skincare particularly if it contains oil. I am also prone to congested pores and if I use something that clogs them I get small pimples all over my forehead.

1. Clinique Rinse-off Foaming Cleanser. I was given a set of Clinique skincare 10 years ago and out of all other products I likes this one the best. I've tried few other make-up removers/cleansers but keep coming back to this one. I wear make-up every day so it is important that my cleanser removes all my make-up and doesn't irritate my eyes. This one ticks all the boxes. It is gentle on my skin and doesn't burn my eyes, it foams really well and removes make-up better than any other foaming cleanser I've tried.
2. Clinique Anti-Blemish Solutions Cleansing Foam. This product is great for clearing up my skin and preventing break outs. I love the pump bottle and gentle foam. By itself it won't remove all the dirt and make-up so I use it after Foaming Cleanser.
3. The Body Shop Facial Buffer. This little tool is so simple yet so effective! I felt like I needed something very exfoliating yet gentle to clear my congested skin. At first i wanted to get a brush but Sales Assistant recommended this tool to me. It is a round "sponge" with rough surface that is meant to be used with your cleanser. Just after one week of using it I noticed the biggest difference! It costs under $5 and lasts me for couple of months. I just hand it on the tube of my cleanser so it dries well after each use. If you want to save lots of money on exfoliatiors and/or have skin that reacts to products get this little tool, you won't regret it!
 4. Estee Lauder Idealist Skin Refiner Serum. This product was recommended to me over 7 years ago and it was a love at first use. It makes your skin velvety, absorbs quickly and makes it better! It helps to make my skin clear as well. I must admit it was a close tie between EL Idealist and Clinique Turnaround Skin Renewer. They are very similar but I think Idealist makes my sin more velvety after use.
5. Estee Lauder Hydrationist Moisturiser. This moisturiser is great. It feels very refreshing and light, absorbs quickly and is oil-free. It doesn't leave a film on my skin like other gel-like moisturisers. I am currently using Clinique Moisture Surge but it doesn't fully sinks into my skin. I will go back to this one once I've finished it.
 6. Clarins Multi-Active Night Creme. I was recommended this product when I was 24. At first I questioned if I should use it as I gathered from the title that it is anti-aging creme. Sales assistant however re-assured me that this creme is more for prevention rather than "cure". I got a 15 ml sample first and loved it. Despite rich texture it didn't break me out. My skin looked very pampered in the morning. I don't have any ATM but planning to get some. It has very pleasant scent too, however beware if you prefer unscented products.
7. Nivea Facial Cleansing Wipes. I love these wipes and use them when I am too lazy or cold to remove make-up by cleansing my face. They are also great if you are travelling. They have textured surface so they do a very good job at removing make-up and dirt from your face. Plus they are very inexpensive and you can get them at almost any supermarket or pharmacy.



8. Clinique Clarifying Lotion No 2. I must admit that I don't use toner very often. However when my skin needs extra clean I use this lotion. It is quite potent and does give me mild irritation so I wouldn't use it daily. It is good though for drying out pimples and controlling oily skin.
9. Nivea Exfoliating Scrub. I couldn't decide which scrub I prefer, they all give me very similar results (apart from Clinique 7-day scrub, it broke me out like there is no tomorrow). I picked this one as it is effective, gentle and inexpensive. When it comes to scrub IMO you don't have to spend a fortune to get good results. I love how it smells too!
10. Natio Clay and Plant Face Mask Purifier. This is one of the first Natio products I have purchased. Ten years ago they range was quite different and I liked it better. I am glad they've kept this little gem. It is a clay mask that "mops up" oils and impurities and makes you skin feel very clean and refreshed. It sets on your face and I feel really pampered when I use it as it has pleasant herbal scent. Best of all it is still under $20.







Comments

  1. I was in search for a new night cream, so this post was perfect timing! Thanks hun xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I think Myer might have Clarins GWP right now...

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Barbie!

Buyers Beware - Fake OPI nail polish!

I had my Tragus pierced today!