Frugal February

The party season is officially over, life is back to normal and it is a good time of the year to start managing and planning your finances.





I did Frugal February for couple of years now and it helped me to achieve my goals. Last year my goal was to get rid of credit cards and get a better home loan. Those goals were achieved and I have gained more freedom and happiness while stress and anxiety reduced in a lot of aspects of my life.

Throughout the year I have also referred to a lot of articles, videos and books on more streamlined, minimalistic and simplified way of living. I've read The Joy of Less by Francine Jay, listened to The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying up audiobook by Marie Kondo and found this great post on Apartment Therapy blog. I did improve in many ways but I am still not perfect. My apartment doesn't resemble a minimalistic display home but it is much tidier. My wardrobe has way more than 30 items of clothing but I am more assertive with my choices.

By doing Frugal February challenge I hope to achieve the following:

- Invest time I would normally spend shopping into other more productive and useful activities like embracing my existing hobbies without spending more money, pleasantly surprising someone with email or phone call or relaxing and having me-time.

- Avoid eating-out and embrace home-cooking instead. Better for my wallet and my health, esp. if I learn a few new healthy recipes.

- Become more environmentally-conscious, reduce consumption and re-cycle where possible. Think turning old t-shirts into wiping cloths or embracing fun projects like turning an old pair of jeans into a skirt or making a funky knitted bath rug out of old towels.

- Save towards my holidays later in the year. I hope to have enough to take me to Europe for few weeks in September - October.



  



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Barbie!

Buyers Beware - Fake OPI nail polish!

I had my Tragus pierced today!