Recent empties


 1. Benefit They're Real Mascara



My overall impression - I got this mascara as a part of my Sephora set I picked up in US. It had one of those new plastic brushes and claimed to transform your eye lashes into something that resembles false lashes. I found the brush to be very stiff and "scratchy" and got very stiff spider legs look.

Would I buy it again? - No, even though it gave me decent length the lack in volume department was a deal breaker for me. Plus I want my mascara to make my lashes soft and plush.




 2. Chanel Coco Mademoiselle Hair Mist





My overall impression - Well balanced fragrance, neither too sweet or floral. Just clean, modern and pretty. It has a good balance of citrus, rose and patchouli notes mellowed by vanilla. I would wear it when I wanted to smell good but not too overpowering. Love the frosted bottle with square lid too.

Would I buy it again? Yes, it served me well! I got this hair mist in 2010 because I loved Coco Mademoiselle fragrance but didn't want to commit to expensive bottle of EDT or EDP just in case it didn't work for me. So hair mist was a perfect option as it was about 1/2 price of EDT yet had very good longevity. Plus it seems to be less sharp compared to EDT and EDP versions.




3. Neutrogena Makeup Remover Wipes
My overall impression - Thick and moist wipes with neutral and barely-there scent that did a fair job at removing my make-up.

Would I buy it again? -  Not sure...It didn't irritate my skin but at the same time didn't remove my make-up 100%. I am still yet to find perfect make-up wipes and still miss the old version of Nivea make-up removing wipes as they were the best.




4. Models Prefer Tan Application Mitt


My overall impression - Where have you been all my life?! I've used disposable latex gloves prior to getting my hands on this mitt to avoid dreaded orange palms. It spreads product evenly and I find it works best with lotions and foams.

Would I buy it again? - Not sure if I buy this particular mitt as it started to fall apart after few washes. Since then I got myself Jennifer Hawkins one and it seems to be better quality just for few extra dollars.




5. Clarins Multi-Active Night Cream
My overall impression - If it ain't broke don't fix it! Old version was perfect, it was extra hydrating, made my skin glow, didn't break me out and had gorgeous scent. This one is simply blah, they took away all special properties of the original cream and made it very ordinary.

Would I buy it again? - No. I was with paying premium price for the old version of this moisturizer but now I can get something similar from Priceline for 1/3 of the price.




6. L'Artisan Parfumeur La Chasse Aux Papillons Shower Gel

My overall impression - It was a blind buy because I wanted to try La Chasse Aux Papillons perfume but didn't want to spend lots of money on a full bottle of perfume. SN had this shower gel on special so it only cost me $17. I fell in love with the scent as soon as I have opened the box. It is a true white floral that smells like spring meadow.

Would I buy it again? - Probably not as it is quite expensive and the scent of the shower gel doesn't linger for very long. Plus apart from gorgeous scent it was very similar to a clear shower gel you get from supermarket. I also purchased EDT so I can enjoy this gorgeous scent for much longer.




7. Clarins Gentle Refiner Exfoliating Cream


My overall impression - Fine exfoliant suspended into creamy base. It didn't feel scratchy but at the same time wasn't amazing or made a big difference to my skin.

Would I buy it again? - No. It was expensive and didn't deliver amazing results. Plus I figured out that creamy formulas don't work well for my skin.

 


8. Circa Home Pear & Lime Mini Candle
My overall impression  - I got this candle in my DJ sample bag. I really enjoyed the scent, it filled my house with clean and fresh fruity scent that wasn't heavy or nauseating.

Would I buy it again? - Yes! It is in my top 10 candles. It burned evenly and had good scent projection.




9. John Freida Intense After-Colour Conditioner



My overall impression - It supposed to be one of those after-colour conditioners you get in packs of home-dye but in a big tube. I haven't used supermarket conditioners for ages but was very keen to try this products as back in the day I used to dye my own hair and loved how my hair felt afterwards.

Would I buy it again? - Yes, it was very rich and indulgent plus it had gorgeous scent. It made my hair extra shiny and soft but I wouldn't use it too often as it does tend to be on the heavy side.




10. Matrix Biolage Hydrating Shampoo
My overall impression - Nice moisturising shampoo that washed my hair well but didn't stip moisture out of it. It had very neutral scent.
Would I buy it again? - Maybe, it wasn't memorable but it wasn't bad either. I picked up a big bottle on special and it lasted me a long time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Barbie!

Buyers Beware - Fake OPI nail polish!

I had my Tragus pierced today!