I had my Tragus pierced today!

It is something I wanted to do for few week now. I always liked the look of multiple earrings and even pierced a second hole in my ear when I was 11 (which then I took out and it eventually healed). Tragus piercing to me looked very appealing but painful. However after speaking to few people who had it done I realised it doesn't seem to be as bad.

Today I summoned my courage and called Cosmetics Plus at Carindale. They told me to come in as Fridays are usually not very busy. I've applied plenty of EMLA numbing cream on the area 30 min before (however I was told it is best to apply it 45 to 60 min prior). The whole process took 10 minutes and set me back $35 including the earring.

  

The girl who did my piercing was very nice and friendly. She first marked the spot with a marker pen and asked if I was happy with the placement, I've decided that I wanted it a bit lower hence why you can see a bit of ink residue above the piercing. Then she disinfected the area and asked me to lie down. I could feel a lot of pressure on my ear possibly from being held with forceps of some sort, then I felt sharp pinching pain (not bad at all, 3-4/10) and pressure from the earring being inserted.

There was no bleeding, redness or swelling...I left with a big smile :) It has been 5 hours since I had it done and I could feel just the occasional mild dull ache. I have to wait for 6-8 weeks before I could replace the original earring  and I am planning to put a small diamond stud there. 

I also had belly button pierced which was done 14 years ago. I had it done by GP and had local anaesthetic injected so it didn't hurt at all. I am so used to it now that I feel weird without it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Barbie!

Buyers Beware - Fake OPI nail polish!