January '19 Empties





This is my January lot of empties with couple of products that I threw away without finishing.





1. Tan Organic self-tan (binned) :(
This tinted liquid absorbed well but have next to no colour. Plus the tint rubbed off everywhere. I felt like using it was a waste of time.
 
2. Perricone MD No Foundation Foundation :)
I did a review of this foundation here. It was a nice product but was more like a BB cream rather than foundation with very little coverage.

3. Vichy Normaderm Moisturiser (binned) :(
I like the Night Detox version but this one was way too high in alcohol and it irritated my skin.
 
4. Pure Precious Bath :)
Nice and moisturising shampoo but I really wish the scent was a bit more exciting.
 
5. Senka Perfect Whip Face Wash :)
A face wash that I've picked up in Japan. It is very affordable yet removed make-up and impurities well without stripping skin too much. Would definitely buy again.
 
6. Bobbi Brown Longwear Weightless Foundation :)
A beautiful liquid foundation with lavender scent that has medium to full coverage. It gives matte finish and wears well. You do have to be careful though if you live in dry climate or your skin tends to be in the drier side as it can cling to dry patches.
 

7. Clinique Stay Matte Powder :)
I've had this product for ages but finally made an effort to use it up. I remember loving it in my late teens as it would mattify my skin nicely without looking too cakey or flat. I still think it is a good compact powder but I would mainly use it with a brush to set and mattify foundation.

8. L’Oreal Red Pure Clay Mask :(
I've heard good things about L'Oreal clay masks but this one was just weird. It had super strong scent which I liked at first but after 20 minutes it would get too much. It had ok exfoliating and oil drawing effect but with so many clay masks out there you can definitely find something much better for a fraction of the price.
 
9. Arcoona Cranberry Toner :|
I loved how this toner looked and smelled and it was alcohol-free. However I suspect due to it being heavily fragranced it would cause my skin to become irritated and break out.
 
10. L’Oreal Age Perfect Oil :)
This was my third bottle and I must say it is becoming harder and harder to find (I suspect it has been discontinued). My skin loves this oil and it works just as well as many other high-end alternatives. It absorbs quickly, doesn't cause breakouts yet it makes my skin glow. It will be missed.
 
11. Clinique High Impact Mascara and Primer Duo :)
This duo is great for travel as I have been using primer with my mascara for the past six months. The primer is great - it gives your lashes extra volume and provides conditioning. Mascara is a bit average, it smudges a lot when I apply it (not sure if its a formula or the brush) but has intense black colour.

I have started including my sheet masks in my empties as I have been using them quite a lot.

12. Abib Gummy Sheet Mask :(
The description was somewhat misleading - it said that the mask stretches and adapts to your face shape. I imagined it to be quite elastic but it was just your average run-of-the-mill cloth sheet mask with ok moisturising effect.

13. Dr.G Sensi Calming Mask :)
This mask was recommended to me by a sales assistant at The Face Shop (Korean Cosmetics Store). Even though I don't particularly have sensitive or irritated skin it felt good! I've applied it after spending a whole day at the beach and it calmed my skin down and infused it with much-needed moisture. 

14. SNP Aqua Ampule Mask :|
I got a pacl of 10 of these masks from iHerb and they work out to be reasonably inexpensive. It is made from a soft cloth and provide decent moisturising effect. However I wouldn't say my skin feels amazing after using it.

15. A by Bom Ultra Cool Leaf Mask :)
This was a fun mask to use on a super hot day. It had four extra patches that go under the mask. Two can be applied under eyes and other two around smile lines. I liked this mask and would re-purchase.

16. Papa Recipe Bombee Honey Whitening Mask :)
I have been avoiding "whitening" products as I already consider myself to be pale. However most whitening products are aimed at improving skin discolorations and making the skin more even in colour. They are also supposed to be great for post-acne marks. So I gave this one a go and ended up loving it the most out of the whole Papa Recipe range. It is made from a super thin material that adapts well to the skin (sheet masks supposed to stay in very close contact with the skin to be effective). My skin feels very well nourished after use too.
 
17. Tony Moly Super Peeling Foot Liquid :)
A word of warning about this products - things will get worse before they get better! It works but the peeling stage can be very ugly. However after it is over you are left with soft and smooth feet without any dry and rough patches.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Barbie!

Buyers Beware - Fake OPI nail polish!

I had my Tragus pierced today!