Perricone MD No Foundation Foundation Review


 One day I was browsing Mecca and decided that I wanted a light foundation that would feel next to nothing on my skin. I was recommended some sort of BB cream from Urban Decay but it smelled bad so it was an instant no from me. Then I was on the fence about other few other products until I was shown Perricone MD No Foundation Foundation. The shade selection was super limited but given how light it was it blended well. I loved the citrus scent so I took it to the counter. I had some vouchers to use otherwise I would hesitate to fork out $88.



The product was nicely packaged and came with the pump and a screw top cap. It is described as foundation, formulated with alpha lipoic acid and vitamin C ester, works to reduce the look of wrinkles and pores, correct undertones and protect with a mineral based SPF 30. The skin is left looking beautifully youthful, dewy and glowing. Sounds like a BB-cream to me!



It had a yogurt-like consistency and it was very hard to scrape the remaining 1/3 of the product out of the bottle.


As promised it felt light but at the same time creamy and moisturizing. I learned to love moisturizing ingredients even though I have combo skin. It balances out my oily areas nicely and reduced break-out.


Now to the performance...as you can see the coverage is super sheer. It slightly evened out my skin tone but i still had to use to a lot of concealer and finishing powder to look "polished". It was a major drawback for me and as a result I won't be running back to re-purchase this product. For this price you can get couple of tubes of high-end BB cream that will do the same thing. Plus I feel that you get more benefit from "active ingredients" by using skincare products. By the way don't be fooled by SPF in your foundation, you need a lot of product to properly protect your face and you are better off using a sunscreen under it.

However I can see how some people would benefit from it - if you can't be bothered with proper skincare routine and wants barely there foundation, then it would make an ideal product for you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Barbie!

Buyers Beware - Fake OPI nail polish!

I had my Tragus pierced today!