May '18 empties

Boom and another month is gone! Another nine items are done and dusted. Here is what I finished in May.



1. Sephora Bi-phase Make-up Remover

My overall impression - very similar to lots of other bi-phase make-up removers out there and to be honest they seems to be phasing out (pun intended).

Would I buy it again? No. They don't work well in my opinion as I always seem to have traces of mascara left behind plus I always end up with a weird fild on my face that I need to wash off.


2. Lush Candy Cane Roulade

My overall impression - It came as a part of Christmas gift pack and had super strong smell but when I was using it it filled the shower with the most gorgeous sweet mint scent almost identical to candy cane. It also felt very creamy but unfortunately went a bit soggy.

Would I buy it again? Not sure, loved the scent but wasn't a fan of sogginess.

3. Kerastase Christaliste Shampoo

My overall impression - I fell in love with this shampoo as it seemed to be almost perfect for my fine hair. It is also free from silicones and and SLS which is a big plus in my books. It left my hair shiny and free-flowing.

Would I buy it again? Yes, in fact I got a back-up when I heard the news that it got discontinued.



4. Peter Thomas Roth 24K Gold Mask

My overall impression - I got it as a part of gift pack and it looked very luxurious in the jar. Felt like a jelly on my face that didn't set and i did feel slightly tingling sensation. It had a nice moisturizing effect but apart from that it wasn't super special.


Would I buy it again? No. By itself it is very expensive and I don't think it is worth the price.

5. L'Occitane Cedrat Shaving Gel

My overall impression -On the mass market out there you can only get two types of shaving gel. Super manly ones that smell like your dad or very girly ones that smell like faux floral arrangement. I like this gel because it doesn't fall into either category and has nice marine-lemon scent (in fact I love and use Cedrat perfume)

Would I buy it again? Yes and I have a back-up that is coming with me on a holiday.

6. Tarte Tartiest Mascara

 My overall impression -Oh no, it had one of those scratchy plastic wands. Otherwise the formula was good and gave me nice length and volume.

Would I buy it again? No, I don't do scratchy plastic wands. They hurt my eyelids.


7. Peter Thomas Roth Rose Stem Cell Mask
 
My overall impression -Peter loves his gel masks. This one was a full-sized one that I got on special from SN. It took me ages to finish. I did enjoy using it but once again didn't see any magical results apart from moisture shot that you could get with lots of creams out there.

Would I buy it again? Probably not. I would rather spend my money on more effective products.


8. Estee Lauder Clear Difference Serum

My overall impression - I used to use the original Idealist and liked it. So when SN had this version on special I jumped and got it. To be honest I did rely on it to clear up my skin when it was breaking out and it didn't. I had to switch few different products and exclude some offenders to clear up my skin.

Would I buy it again? No. Didn't deliver what it promised.

9. Wotnot Make-up Removing Wipes

My overall impression - It promised to remove all traces of make-up and it didn't. Smelled very nice at the beginning but went rancid very quickly. I threw away 1/3 of the pack.

Would I buy it again? No. I am still on the hunt for good make-up removing wipes since Nivea ones got reformulated.





 





 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Barbie!

Buyers Beware - Fake OPI nail polish!

I had my Tragus pierced today!