March '18 empties

It has been a while since my last blog post. So finally I got motivation to sit down and write a post about my recent empties and share my thoughts about them. This year I have also made a decision to minimize my possessions and use up the make-up and skincare products I already have. It also means that I have decided not to buy any more for a whole year to see what happens. I might do a separate post about it.

First quarter of the year in and my stash is already starting to look more manageable. This is what I have emptied in march.






1. Alfaparf Semi Di Lino Conditioner

My overall impression - I got this conditioner when I dyed my hair red to help with colour maintenance. It had light texture yet left my hair moisturised. The scent was nice too - very clean and subtle.
Would I buy it again? - Yes, it was a good-quality professional product and did what it supposed to. I would have to hunt it down in special though as it can retail for quite a lot.

2. Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz in Caramel

My overall impression - Super fine pencil in very good warm shade, not too ashy like a lot of other similar products out there. The texture was good too - nice and soft yet non-waxy or sticky. It have me natural-looking and defined brows. Spoolie at the end was a nice bonus.
Would I buy it again? - Not sure to be honest. I like MAC Lingering pencil better as the colour is not as yellow and it is more pigmented.

3. GHD Final Fix Hair Spray

My overall impression - This stuff works so well at holding my fringe in place without making it sticky or piece-y. It has a nice scent and only costs $10 at Mecca. The only downside that it doesn't come with a removable cap so it is not carry-on friendly.
Would I buy it again? - Yes, it was my second bottle.

4. Schwartkopf Ultime Hair Spray 

My overall impression - Not bad for a supermarket product but I would only get it for its travel-friendly format. It doesn't hold as well as higher-end products.
Would I but it again? - Possibly, for my carry-on

5. Peter Thomas Roth Mask Moor Mud

My overall impression - Turns out like all other Peter Thomas Roth masks it was a gel mask packed with mud minerals. It didn't set and was super hard to remove as it was sticky.
Would I buy it again? - It's a pass from me. It would probably work better for dry skin but I prefer my mud masks to set and draw out oils.

6. L'Occitane Shea Butter Shower Gel

My overall impression - It almost felt like a mixture of body cream and shower gel. It left my skin super moisturised and comfortable.
Would I but it again? - Probably not. Even though it felt nice the smell was a bit weird and you can find nicer products around similar price point.

7. DHC Lip Balm

My overall impression - This product was recommended by many bloggers and YouTubers as something you should pick-up from Japan...and it didn't disappoint, Like many Japanese products it was unscented but felt very light and moisturizing on my lips. I found it to be a perfect lip balm to wear under lipstick.
Would I but it again? - Yes, it worked well for me.

8. Clinique City Block Purifying Gel

My overall impression - Charcoal based products were all the rage last year so I've picked up this cleanser. Whoa, it didn't foam but removed all my make-up with ease without making my skin dry.
Would I but it again? - Yes, definitely. It was a very good cleanser for my skin and it helped to keep it nice and clear.

9. Jack Black Lip Balm in Grapefruit

My overall impression - I loved Jack Black lip balms in the past for their moisturizing abilities, non-stickiness and subtle flavors. But I ended up throwing this one out half way through the tube because I just disliked weird grapefruit flavour.
Would I buy it again? - No, for the reasons mentioned above.

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Barbie!

Buyers Beware - Fake OPI nail polish!

I had my Tragus pierced today!