Recent make-up empties

It just dawned on me that I haven't done empties in a long, long time and in fact I have finished a lot of products in the last few months. So it time I will do them by category. These what have been emptied in my make-up stash...


 1. Gurlain Noir G Mascara mini

 My overall impression - Look at that stunning packaging! My mini version came in a plain tube but the actual product was very good. Probably not as good as some other mascaras out there but it still gave me long and well-coated lashes.

Would I buy it again? While I did like the formula I don't think i could justify splurging $66 on a mascara even though it comes in the most beautiful case.


2. Buxom Lash Mascara mini




 My overall impression - Wow that brush is huge and stiff! It felt very scratchy against the gentle skin of eyelids but coated lashes well and gave them separation.

Would I buy it again? Nope, don't like the applicator.


3. Clarins Instant Light Lip Gloss mini




 My overall impression - Sheer, tinted and non-sticky lip gloss that applied evenly and had a sponge applicator. It had beautiful caramel hue and scent so was very pleasant to wear.

Would I buy it again? I got mine as a GWP so I would use it again if it was given to me but otherwise there are plenty of other more exciting products out there to try.


4. Clinique Quickliner in Sable

 



 My overall impression -At the beginning it ticked all the boxes due to its deep brown hue and good application. but it wasn't "gliding on" as I was told and still had a bit of drag. It got worse towards the end when the formula dried up.

Would I buy it again? No, there are way better performing eye pencils out there.


5. Korres Lip Butter in Guava



 My overall impression - I must admit I got sucked in by a gorgeous scent of this product. The formula was good too, light yet moisturizing. It left a sheer light tint on my lips making my pigmented lips a bit lighter.

Would I buy it again? Yes, I used it all up till the end and loved the formula. I repurchased it again in a more natural light pink "Jasmine" shade.


6. L'Occitane Brightening Touch Pen



 My overall impression - A copycat of the original YSL product that nearly every other luxury brand made at some point. It provided a light wash of sheer colour and was supposed to have skin-benefiting ingredients.

Would I buy it again? No. It was so sheer that it did almost nothing. It was an OK product to use with a super light make-up.



 7. L'Occitane BB Cream

 My overall impression - Prior to getting this product I've tried L'oreal and Garnier BB creams and wasn't a huge fan. But L'Occitane gave me a sample one day and I fell in love with this product. It makes your skin feel and look good! The coverage is very decent too and it leave behind a slightly luminous finish. No cakey face, just beautiful and even complexion.

Would I buy it again? Yes, already have! It is perfect when I have to do my make-up in a hurry as it is very easy to blend and I can even skip primer, sunscreen and moisturizer.


8. MAC Bronzer in Golden
 

 My overall impression - OK, I am a sucker for a beautiful packaging so I simply couldn't walk past this droplet covered blue compact. The product itself was very good too, it gave nice warmth to my cheeks and had a bit of shimmer but just enough to make it look less flat instead of frosty.

Would I buy it again? Maybe, it was a good bronzer but I still love my Guerlain more. In fact I have realized that the pan is the same size so I have dug out my new Gurlain pan and trasported it into MAC compact (some Teraccotas I've had broke half way through the use anyway).


9. L'Oreal Miss Manga Mascara


 My overall impression - This time I got sucked in by a beautiful ad. Add Priceline sale to that and Miss Manga was mine! It turned out to be a very good mascara that made my lashes super long in just few swipes and stayed on me all day.


Would I buy it again? Yes, it is probably my favorite mid-range mascara right now.



10. Lancome Air de Teint Foundation



 My overall impression - If you have been reading my blog you would know that I have already went through few bottles of this stuff. It is very lightweight foundation that still offers a medium coverage and makes my skin look beautiful. It can be a tad drying in winter but perfect during warmer months.

Would I buy it again? Sadly it got discontinued so I managed to stock up when it was on sale. It occasionally pops up online but they want very good money for it now. I still have one bottle left but meanwhile I will look for alternatives.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Barbie!

Buyers Beware - Fake OPI nail polish!

I had my Tragus pierced today!