Today I received...

Today was like my second birthday. Everything arrived at once, two parcels, passport and a new mattress! As well as the phone call to attend an interview tomorrow :)




I have been looking for a nice black leather backpack and wasn't quite satisfied with the offering you find in department and chain stores. Until I saw this backpack from Rebecca Minkoff! I managed to find it on gilt.com (US site that has amazing deals on designer items) and patiently waited for a discount code. When 30% off promo popped up in my mail box I snapped it up. It has perfect size and shape, made from sturdy leather and can be worn with casual as well as work attire.

I wanted a new concealer as I find my current one is a but too sheer so I went back to Lancome Effacernes. Myer and David Jones didn't have any promotions and Lancome official site was out of stock so I turned to Strawberrynet. They had it in a shade lighter to my usual 02 Beige Sable but quick google image search indicated it will be suitable for my skin. 01 Beige Pastel does seem to be significantly lighter and more neutral as opposed to warm toned, yet it still does a good job hiding dark circles without caking or settling in lines.

Because SN has a minimum spend now to qualify for a free shipping I had to search for something else to add to my basket. Mother's Day gift promotion had so many good deal on perfumes that I ended up blind buying two - Ivoire by Balmain and Twin by Azzaro.

Ivoire is a  modern remake of their classic scent. It smells sophisticated but clean, subtle and approachable. It has a complex composition like many other perfumes of the past, starting with citrus and daisy, progressing into a floral middle and settling with woody basenotes.

Twin has a very futuristic looking bottle design. It reminds me of something you see in the museum of modern art. The scent itself has a Dove soap or almond moisturiser vibe - creamy, clean and comforting.  The composition has almond flower, musk peach and a hint of rose. I think it would make a perfect lazy Sunday scent when all you feel like doing is lounging on the couch in your favorite sweater listening to chill on TuneIn Radio.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Barbie!

Buyers Beware - Fake OPI nail polish!

I had my Tragus pierced today!