May-August '15 empties

 I actually finished 20 item in the last three months and threw away a huge bag of lip glosses and lipsticks that I haven't used for a while and figured out won't have an urge to use in the future. I am happy with a small selection of lipsticks, few lip glosses and few lip balm floating around my bags and drawers.

I also went on few trips so it helped me to finish few travel-sized products I had stashed away.






 1. L'Occitane Verbena shower gel (travel size)


My overall impression - Thick clear shower gel that foams up nicely. Oh and the scent is gorgeous, I actually prefer it to the perfume version.

Would I buy it again? - I wouldn't say no to it if I got it as a GWP or on sale but I probably wouldn't pay full price for this product. After all it's a shower gel and they all tend to be more or less similar.





 2. Klorane dry shampoo


My overall impression - As you may know I am a big fan of this dry shampoo. It has subtle scent, gives my hair volume and doesn't glue it together like some other similar products.

Would I buy it again? - Yes, again and again!





 3. Revlon Matte eyeliner in Mink




My overall impression - Revlon products don't usually excite me. I had more bad experiences with them than good. I got this eyeliner in one of those beauty boxes and thought, why not. I was pleasantly surprised. It turned out to be one of the best eyeliners I've used. Matte finish provided slightly powdery texture so it literally glided in one smooth line, was easy to blend and colour lasted all day.

Would I buy it again? - Yes! Once I use up my other brown pencils I will be more than happy to re-purchase it and wouldn't mind trying other colours.




4. Tresemme Salon Finish hair spray

My overall impression - Strong hold hair spray with somewhat pleasant scent. It didn't discolour my hair, nor turned it into "90's formal" hairdo. But I wished it had a bit more flexibility and finer mist.
Would I buy it again? - No, I prefer other products.





 5. Kiehl's Creme de Corps body cream (trial size)



My overall impression - I took with me to New Zealand as I knew it would be cooler and dryer there and my skin will need extra TLC. It was very nourishing and lush, absorbed quickly and didn't have strong scent. i could really tell it was a premium product.
Would I buy it again? - Maybe, I am not sure how it is going to behave in warmer and more humid QLD climate. Might be a bit too rich.



6 + 7. Shiseido Tsubaki shampoo and conditioner (trial size)



My overall impression - I got this product as gift with purchase in Singapore and I haven't seen it anywhere else. I must admit it was once of the best travel shampoos and conditioners I've tried. Both of them were rich and creamy and left my hair super soft.
Would I buy it again? - I would if I can find it.



 8. Pure Tan self-tanner in light/medium (trial size)


My overall impression - I took it with me on a trip as I wanted to brighten up my otherwise pasty winter skin. It turned out to be a bluish-brown thick cream with shimmer. The scent wasn't too bad either. It promised a tan in just one hour - easy done! I applied it and waited in the bathroom while reading magazine and browsing my phone so I wouldn't ruin hotel sheets. The i rinsed it off and got dressed. The tan continued to develop for few hours and was very even and natural-looking.
Would I buy it again? - Yes, already have! I managed to find it at Myer and got two tubes on sale.




9. L'Occitane Shower Oil


My overall impression - I've used this product before so I knew how gorgeous it was. It is one of my favorite shower products to use in winter as you don't have to slather moisturizer on while standing on cold tiles.
Would I buy it again? - I got this bottle as a gift with purchase but I probably wouldn't pay full price for it. Quite often they have this shower oil on sale or as a part of special promotion so I tend to pick one up before winter.



10. Clarins Tonic bath and shower gel
My overall impression - This product makes me miss old Clarins. Hopefully they won't discontinue or reformulate it as they did with few other skincare items I used to like. It is very tick and you need a small amount to work it into a rich foam. I am also a big fan of potent herbal scent that only Clarins seem to do well.
Would I buy it again? - Once again it's just a shower gel but I would get it as a part of special promotion or GWP.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Barbie!

Buyers Beware - Fake OPI nail polish!

I had my Tragus pierced today!