Marie Claire The Parcel...Autumn 2015




 

I picked up my Marie Claire parcel the other day . It 8 items, of which 3 were luxury trial sized products,and 5 full sized mass - market products. 

1. Garnier Miracle Skin Cream. Full size, value $19.95
Looks greenish white in a tube but transforms into beige once applied to skin. Supposed to have anti-aging and brightening properties and has barely-there coverage. I am a bit wary of anti-aging products as they tend to be a bit too rich for my skin plus I would prefer something with a bit more coverage so I will give this one away to my mum.

2. Rimmel BB Cream Radiance. Full size, value $12.95
Not sure why they decided to include two somewhat similar products in the same parcel...but I like this one better. I am actually wearing it right now. It  looked quite grey when it first came out of the tube but then it adjusted to my skin tone nicely. I got medium and usually I go for light but it seems to look nice and natural on me. It is perfect for that "no make-up" look so hopefully my skin likes it.

3.Max Factor Masterpiece Transform Mascara. Full size, value $23.95
I have the original Masterpiece mascara and I quite like it, so I am looking forward to trying this one. It has slender wand with shorter bristled...YES, finally! Lately mascara manufacturers been producing huge brushes which I personally find more difficult to use.

4. Neutrogena Make-up Remover Towlettes. Full size, value $3.99
The pack only has 7 wipes but I guess less wipes = less drying out. My long-time favorite Nivea make-up wipes been changed and don't seem to be as effective so I am happy to give Neutrogena a go.

5. Schick Hydro Silk Razor. Value $14.25
I've been using Schick Intuition razor for many many years now. It gives me close shave and I don't need shaving cream as it comes with incorporated soapy block. I will try this one out to se how it compares. Might even save it for my next overseas trip as it takes a lot less space.

6. L'Occitane Shea Butter hand cream. Trial size (30 ml), value $12
I talked about this product before, it is one of my favorite hand creams out there. Even though I am not trying something new I was still happy to receive it as it will be liberally used during cooler months.

7. Lancome Advanced Genifique serum. Trial size, value $25
My skin tends to repond well to serums (i. e not break out), this one makes my skin look matte and feel silky plus it has very nice subtle rose scent. I was pleasantly surprised.

8. MOR Gardenia soap, value $10
Slightly smaller size of MOR's luxury Emporium soap. It smells like lush and creamy gardenias, it scented the whole room when I first opened the box so hopefully the gorgeous scent will last after the shower. 

The Parcel is a bit more expensive than other beauty boxes but it is still a great value. Like this lot is worth over $120. I wish they diversified a bit a maybe skipped one or two skincare products and included a perfume or nail polish instead. I also like the fact that it comes out every quarter so I am really looking forward to my winter box.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Barbie!

Buyers Beware - Fake OPI nail polish!

I had my Tragus pierced today!