David Jones Delux Tote Spring '14

Its that time of the year when David Jones releases their semi-annual Delux Sampler Tote along with Beauty Book loaded with lots of specials. I am a sucker for these totes and I get them almost every time it comes out. I found lots of good products through sampling the content and it gives me a good supply of travel and gym-bag friendly skincare.


I was particularly impressed by Spring '14 edition. I can see myself using 85% of its content. I am particularly looking forward to Pear and Lime candle and Laura Mercier Primer. I also adore the Sydney themed canvas tote which probably will become my new compact gym bag.

In my tote I got:


1. KORA Organics Sample pack with body lotion, body wash and day and night cream. So far I tried only face mask from Ms Kerr range and really liked it so I am very keen to try other products. I am taking all my sachets of body washes, creams, shampoos etc. to my upcoming US trip as they take little or no space compared to mini bottles.



2. Crabtree & Evelyn Verbena and Lavender hand cream 25 g. Their hand creams are not as moisturising as L'Occitane ones but I still enjoy using them. I like how packaging got upgraded from metal tubes which can leak in your handbag to plastic ones. This hand cream smells very good - green, fresh and spring-like.

3. Philosophy Purity 3-in-1 cleanser 30 ml. I assume it suppose to replace cleanser, toner and moisturiser? Ken to try it though, particularly on the days when I feel like going to bed asap.

4. People for Plants Cleanser & Make-up remover 30 ml. Supposed to be all natural and organic etc. etc. but it can't be used to remove eye make-up...a bit of a letdown as I prefer all-in-one make-up removers.

5. Molton Brown Orange & Bergamot body wash 30 ml. Another gorgeously scented product from Molton Brown, I like receiving their samples however I hesitate to pay their RRP for full-sized products.

6 + 7. David Jones  Vitamin E day and night cream... My skin is very picky when it comes to skincare and these have mineral oil listed as second ingredients so I won't even bother with them.

8. Blinc  mascara. Supposed to form tubes around lashes and give them length and volume without smudging etc. Comes in very tiny 0.7 g tube.

9. Laura Mercier foundation primer 14.7 ml. This feels like a cream primer as opposed to silicone-based mattifying primer. I applied a bit in the back of my hand and it absorbed easy and made my skin smooth and velvety...me like! I should get quite a lot of use from this small tube.

10. Kosmea  radiance 24/7 youth boost oil 3 g. Keen to try it but it seems to be a combination of various oils, hopefully this product will sink into my skin quickly.

11.  O.P.I mini tinted top coat. I haven't seen this product before so I was very keen to try it. It is basically a purple-tones very sheep jelly top coat that adds purple tone to your existing polish and makes the very very shiny. I am keen to add it to my grey, beige, pink and blue polishes.



12. Cicra Home Pear & Lime candle 60 g.  Supposed to represent 1977...it smells fresh and fruity. I am in love with the scent. I find that citrus-scented home products neutralize odours the best plus the create an illusion of a cleaner house ;)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Barbie!

Buyers Beware - Fake OPI nail polish!

I had my Tragus pierced today!